My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I like to think that I'm a girl with full of surprises. As I grow older, I realize there are alot of dimensions inside me. If I have to describe myself, I would probably said, I'm helpful, sincere, generous, caring, motivated, enthusiastic, fun, loving, determind, independent, strong, mature, intelligent, personable, friendly and surprising at times; yet, I'm can also be mischiveous, realistic and sometimes I can even be cruel.....(ooops, did I say that out loud...) Overall, I think I'm a decent person, and a good friend. But, obviously, it's only natural that I'm biased about opinion of myself, perhaps my friends opinion would be a bit more accurate. So, what do you think?

Friday, April 28, 2006

Vancouver Sun Run

The Vancouver Sun Run, the country's largest 10K run, set a long-awaited record on Sunday April 23, 2006, surpassing 50,000 registered participants for the first time in its 22-year history.

Well, I was one of them along with my friends and co-workers (although, I was only able to find one after the run was over). There were so many people that all I see when I looked back was just a sea of heads...quite amazing. This was something I would expect to see in Shanghai or Hong Kong; but, I would have never expect to see this in Vancouver, especially Vancouver downtown. The city had to close down almost the entire downtown traffic for this event.

The weather was just absolutely perfect; clear blue sky with murmuring breeze, not too cold and not too hot. At first I didn't think I would be able to do it because I have only got about 4 hours of sleep the night before, so I was really tired by the time I made it to the starting line. But, it was so much fun with so many people beside you and they all had a big smile on their face. The energy was amazing, people were excited. The scenery along the race route was just amazing. The route is sprinkled with gentle, undulating hills. The scenery included snow-capped mountains along Georgia Street, leafy greenery in Stanley Park, the breathtaking water view at English Bay, and bridge views of English Bay and False Creek when we ran across Burrard Bridge and Cambie Bridge. The event had different music bands set up along the way to play different music, mostly Rock-n-Roll to cheer us on. They even had tables of fruits, muffins and bagels for participants to snack on.

I enjoyed it so much during the entire 10km. However, I was in pain at the end of it, my knee hurts, my legs and my butt are so sore. I knew I definitely got a workout there!

All in all, it was a great event and all proceed goes to charity organizations as well. So, it's all for a good cause!

Anyone want to do it with me again next year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home