My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I like to think that I'm a girl with full of surprises. As I grow older, I realize there are alot of dimensions inside me. If I have to describe myself, I would probably said, I'm helpful, sincere, generous, caring, motivated, enthusiastic, fun, loving, determind, independent, strong, mature, intelligent, personable, friendly and surprising at times; yet, I'm can also be mischiveous, realistic and sometimes I can even be cruel.....(ooops, did I say that out loud...) Overall, I think I'm a decent person, and a good friend. But, obviously, it's only natural that I'm biased about opinion of myself, perhaps my friends opinion would be a bit more accurate. So, what do you think?

Monday, March 06, 2006

Ultimate Hot Pot!

Hot Pot!~ You may wonder what about it? Well, a bunch of my friends had came up with the idea of Hot Pot - Pot Luck! How does it work? Well, essentially, it's like a pot luck where everyone bring one thing to the party. So, instead of bringing a cooked dish, everyone would be bringining one or two raw ingredients to the Hot Pot! This is a great social event because Hot Pot requires minimum preparation and it's just really fun for everyone to cook their food right in front of them where we laugh and joke about various topics (for anyone who attended our Hot Pot, Sausage Prezel!!!) So, last saturaday was one of my good friends' 26th birthday, he invited about 15 - 16 people and of course it's our legendary Hot Pot - Pot Luck. It was a hugh success. To give you an idea of what kind of food was there, we had baguette with cheese, bacon and cheese souffle, and pineapple for appetizers. For the Hot Pot, we had 3 pot going at the same time with oyster mushroom, shiitake mushroom, konnyaku, chicken balls, beef balls, fish balls, frozen tofu, cooked shrimps, Hot Pot sliced beef and pork , siu choy, baby bok choy, fresh tiger prawns, giant fresh scallops, udon noodles, taro roots......(there were alot and alot of food!) For dessert, we have 4 cakes, a mango mousse cake, a fruit and walnut cake, a cheese cake with jello on top made by Eric, and a French Vanilla cake made by Adreena. I was so full afterwards that the only thing I could do was sitting down on the couch and not move. But, we are not just about the food, right? Well, we have our in-house live entertainment provided by our "Men-in-Black" jazz band.

Overall, it was a great night. Happy birthday, Andrew! I will be joining your "getting - old" club very soon........(Ohhhhh nooooooooooo)!

2 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Sounds like good eatin'.

11:15 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hot pot hot pot! I really missed out on that one! I'm soo jealous of all the food that was there. Maybe you can FedEx some of it to me. :P

Don't feel old. Don't you ever feel old. Why? Well, just think - Andrew will always be older than you. Still not good enough? Then how about, Ran is the oldest in the group. :P

When your birthday comes, embrace that day because it was the day you were born! And thanks to that, all your friends got to meet the wonderful you!

7:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home