My Photo
Name:
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I like to think that I'm a girl with full of surprises. As I grow older, I realize there are alot of dimensions inside me. If I have to describe myself, I would probably said, I'm helpful, sincere, generous, caring, motivated, enthusiastic, fun, loving, determind, independent, strong, mature, intelligent, personable, friendly and surprising at times; yet, I'm can also be mischiveous, realistic and sometimes I can even be cruel.....(ooops, did I say that out loud...) Overall, I think I'm a decent person, and a good friend. But, obviously, it's only natural that I'm biased about opinion of myself, perhaps my friends opinion would be a bit more accurate. So, what do you think?

Friday, March 03, 2006

Home Sweet Home!

I think it's probably about 3 years since the last time I came back to my London, Ontario home. My parents own a beautiful house in a nice, quiet neighbourhood with a park close by. I love this house, I've always love this house and now that I'm a Real Estate agent in Vancouver, I appreciate this house so much more. This house is a perfect family home located in a perfect family neighbourhood where you can raise a family in. Everybody who lives in the street agrees not to put up a fence in the backyard, so it becomes a great big open park right in between. Every household planted trees and flowers to define the property line, it's so open and spacious. (Ah...yes, it's still in the middle of winter in London, Ontario. Very cold, snowing everyday. I guess for a "Londoner", it's really not that big of a deal, but for me, I think my teeth were all frozen 5 minutes after my sister picked me up from the Toronto Pearson Airport). But, on the other hand, the snow is so beautiful, sometime it's a big flury of snow and wind, and the other time, it's a quiet, peaceful snow.

It's so good to be home. I didn't go anywhere for the full 10 days, I just stayed home with my parents. My dad made all my favourite foods, ie. Alaska King Crab legs, deep fried soft-shell crab, tiger prawns, fish fillet, beef brisket and beef tendon, fried rice vermincelli, shark's fin soup, smoke salmons, japanese seaweed salad, chinese dim sum, and all kinds of dessert. Everyday was like a feast and every meal was like a gourmet meal. It was so enjoyable. During my stay at home, I have also learned a few things from my dad. I learned how to make buns!
I made sesame buns, sweet shredded coconut buns, onion savoury buns and I learned how to make fresh egg tarts from my mom. They are so delicious when they just came out from the oven.


Do they look tempting enough?

My mom has spoiled me bad as well. We went shopping for 2 days straight and we bought so many things like earrings, dress pants and other girly accessories.

Anyway, it was wonderful to spend some good quality time with my parents, away from my cell phone, internet and rushing appointments.

As well, I got to see my cousin, Adrienne, my sister and my brother-in-law, my 2 cute nieces, and some family friends. I also had a chance to meet a new family friend, Mr. & Mrs. Lau and their 2 daughters. It was a great pleasure meeting this wonderful family. This family has just recently moved from Hong Kong to Windsor Ontario and the daughters are both in secondary school. I wish them all the very best.

I think best of all, I got to sleep on the legendary "Dragon Bed". My father has spent his last 5 years restoring and aquiring many pieces of antique furnitures from China. They include antique tables, chairs, chests, cupboards, tea sets, paintings, handcrafts that are made out of exotic wood, jade, brass, and stones. The most famous one is this "Dragon Bed" that is estimating to be about 150 years old from the Ching Dynasty. It was really a piece of art, every detail is amazing and the bed is hugh. I think it can hold up to 2 adult and 1 child. Anyway, my parents rent out my room to a very nice girl from Hong Kong. She studies high school in London, Ontario. Therefore, I get the honour to be the first one to sleep in it. I wonder who would be next ??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waah... soo much seafood! I wish I could have been there to share it with you! I'm glad you had a relaxing time back home with your parents. If we had planned this out beforehand, Andrew and I could have popped down to London to hang out!

Hopefully I can find time to come back to Vancouver to visit you guys again! I miss you all sooo much! :)

9:49 a.m.  
Blogger Margaret said...

Jess. It was so wonderful to hear your cheerful voice this weekend. I can't believe you are still up! It would have been so nice if both of you came down to London Ontario. Just so you know, I miss you very much and I'm sure that's the same for Ran and Andrew and Thomas. Come back so we can see your pretty face again!

11:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home