Beautiful Vancouver!!!
The trip I took back home in February made me realize that alot of my friends, my family and my family's friends are all reading my blog. For the longest time, I thought no body was reading my blog, so I got lazy after a while and now that I know people are reading my blog, I would love to share a little bit about Vancouver with people who currently don't live here. Perhaps, I can tempt you to come visit once and end up settling down in Vancouver like me 8 years ago.Vancouver, British Columbia is a world-renowned city for its breathtaking natural setting and a
cosmopolitan flair, complimented by beautiful parks and gardens, beaches, and a variety of cultural and recreational facilities. The lifestyle here is just amazing. The natural enviornment allows you to ski/snowboard on the top of Grouse Mountain or Crypress Mountain and ocean kayaking in English Bay all in one day. You can see snow cap on the top of a mountain and smell the roses right in front of you. There are so much natural beauty surrounding the city; beaches, ocean, mountains, forrests, and nature parks.The weather is awesome. We never need air-conditioning in the summer because on average,
the temperature ranges between 15-22 degrees and the average temperature for winter ranges between 0-9 degrees. Hence, it's never too hot in summer and never too cold in winter. Sound ideal? Just wait! Every year, we get beautiful Cherry Blossom by April. In my opinion, it's the most beautiful time of the year. You see pink flowers everywhere and whenever a murmuring breeze goes by, all these little cherry blossom flowers full down ever so gracefully that it's like I'm in a fairy tale or in Japanese Animate!Furthermore, the FOOD is to die for! There is nothing you can't get here. There are endless choices of fine dining in every part of Vancouver. The choices ranging from Chinese, Japanese, French, Italian, Indian, Mongolian, American, Mexican, Thai, Koren, Singaporean, Malaysian, Belgian, Cuban, German, Lebanese, Tex-Mex, Ethopian, Vietnamese, Shanghainese, Brazilian, Carribean, Mediterranean, African, Middle Eastern, Russian, Continental, Greek, Spanish, Vegetarian, gourmet steakhouse, seafood house, tapas, and fusion (mix between different type. ie, Italian-Japanese fusion, French-Japanese fusion, Chinese-Western fusion.....) Last, but not least, DESSERT!!! Who can forget about dessert? We have French pastry, Chinese pastry, Italian, East Indian, cheesecake, Italian La Casa gelato with 508 flavours to try.......mmmmm. It's almost a chore just to try to decide where to go and which restaurant to try out!
Need I say more why I like Vancouver?

8 Comments:
Hey Margaret,
You're tempting us all to settle in Vancouver ;] See you in the summer!
Karen
Hello Margaret!
The cherry blossoms have just bloomed since last week in Tokyo area. The best time to see may be next sunday.
Wow, you're really marketing Vancouver out to the rest of us! I would love to come back and visit sometime. I would like to see the cherry blossoms too!
Fukiyo, it's sooooo good to see you on my blog. I can't believe it! You are actually reading my blog. I miss you. I was thinking of writing to you recently!
How's the cats in Japan?
Karen, I thought you have been tempted? Perhaps I need to work harder so I can get you, Clement, Jin-Yi/Brad, Lincoln and perhaps James? Oh, btw, I talked to James when I was in Ontario. Oh, good old times.....
James, in case you are reading this, it was really really great to talk to you again!
Any chance we can have our 10 year high school reunion in the "beautiful Vancouver"??? (well, I can dream, can't I?)
Miss all of you!
Jess, of course you have to come back this summer. We can go to Lynn Cannon again w/ the boyz and this time, I would be much better prepare....trust me....
Hey Margaret..
I finally have time to read blogs! You know what? You can be one of those travel brochure writers. It was like I was reading about some kind of Vancouver promo.
Garmy
Hey M,
Ya'know...we really should actually DO some of those activities you were mentioning there. I've lived here all my life and I've only ever been up Grouse twice... :(
Post a Comment
<< Home