Year 2006
Wow, it's almost the middle of Feb 2006 already. Where did the time go? Well, I have been working as usual and I know it's been a long time since the last time I have updated my blog. In fact, one of the comments I've got in my previous post was that someone has waited for a new entry for so long that their neck is getting very long......haahaa. Well, here I am, alive and well.
So many things had happened, so many things to say, where should I begin?
How about things that happened most recently.
February 13, 2006 - Well, my office went out of power. We had a black out and not only that, all of our 12 phone lines went dead as well. There are agents waiting for faxes from another agent with copies of hundreds of thousand dollars of deposit cheques. There are agents writing million dollar deal contracts. There are agents talking with their clients and there are also agents searching for listings for their clients on the computer. And then, every thing went black. No more computer, no more phones, no more faxes. Everything just went dead. There is an urgent sense of panick throughout the office. It suddenly made me realize how much we depend on technology and how much we take it for granted. The whole ordeal really only lasted for about 10-15 minutes. It was really not big of a deal and everyone just went back to their work afterwards.
February 20, 2006 - Seasons of Love. Well, it's not Christmas, but, it is the song I'm singing nowadays. I have joined the UBC Medical choir recently and I'm so excited about it. It has been almost 15 years since the last time I sang in a choir. Secondly, the 2 songs that they picked are my favourites. Of course, Seasons of Love is one of them and the other one is "And So it Goes by Barry Joel". Seasons of Love is the theme song for a New York Broadway musical show called "Rent". In short, Rent is a modern day version of the Opera, La Boheme. It's a emotionally stirring story of a community of young artist struggling to live and celebrate life. It's a great song and I felt in love with it the first time I heard it, so I am thrill to be able to sing this song. The other one "And so it goes" is a very beautiful, but sad song. I almost had tears in my eyes when I first sang it. Overall, I love my choir, love going to choir practice, can't wait till my next practice......
So many things had happened, so many things to say, where should I begin?
How about things that happened most recently.
February 13, 2006 - Well, my office went out of power. We had a black out and not only that, all of our 12 phone lines went dead as well. There are agents waiting for faxes from another agent with copies of hundreds of thousand dollars of deposit cheques. There are agents writing million dollar deal contracts. There are agents talking with their clients and there are also agents searching for listings for their clients on the computer. And then, every thing went black. No more computer, no more phones, no more faxes. Everything just went dead. There is an urgent sense of panick throughout the office. It suddenly made me realize how much we depend on technology and how much we take it for granted. The whole ordeal really only lasted for about 10-15 minutes. It was really not big of a deal and everyone just went back to their work afterwards.
February 20, 2006 - Seasons of Love. Well, it's not Christmas, but, it is the song I'm singing nowadays. I have joined the UBC Medical choir recently and I'm so excited about it. It has been almost 15 years since the last time I sang in a choir. Secondly, the 2 songs that they picked are my favourites. Of course, Seasons of Love is one of them and the other one is "And So it Goes by Barry Joel". Seasons of Love is the theme song for a New York Broadway musical show called "Rent". In short, Rent is a modern day version of the Opera, La Boheme. It's a emotionally stirring story of a community of young artist struggling to live and celebrate life. It's a great song and I felt in love with it the first time I heard it, so I am thrill to be able to sing this song. The other one "And so it goes" is a very beautiful, but sad song. I almost had tears in my eyes when I first sang it. Overall, I love my choir, love going to choir practice, can't wait till my next practice......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home