Wow, it's been a really really long time!!!
Wow, it's been such a long time that I almost lost touch on writing my blog. So many things had happened in the last 3 weeks.
In the beginning of October, I was sadly informed by my father and my sister in Hong Kong that my Grandfather had just passed away. I was really sadden by the news, my Grandfather is very significant in my life from before I was born to nowadays. So, for the next 2 days, I went around scrambling for air-tickets to fly to Hong Kong to attend his funeral. Finally, I found a ticket for only $960(including all tax) to fly direct to Shanghai so I can meet up with my brother. I can't believe it, had I flew with Air Canada, I have to paid $1,800 + tax. So, for everyone that reads my blog, my best advise is SHOP AROUND!!! Anyways, back to the story, it was a bittersweet experience because I got to reunite with my parents, 2 sisters, and my brother. It's been almost 10 years since I have a homemade dinner with all my family in one table. It was even crazier to sleep on the floor with my 2 sisters and my parents in one room. The last time I did that was when I was 5. That's 20 years ago(oops, I think I just gave my age away). The funeral service was really nice too. From what I understood, my Grandfather was once a very successful and influential businessman back in his days, in fact, there was a newspaper article the day before his funeral service that shares his life, achievements and contributions to the society ; a lot of people attended the service and the last time I've seen most of these people was when I was about 9 years old, so it really has been a long time. Overall, it was a really nice visit to see all my family, relatives, and family friends.
Anyways, so after I came back to Canada, I had so much work, I was completely overwhelmed,and I was also really tired from Jet-Lag of 15 hours difference from Canada to Hong Kong, and than another 15 hours difference from Hong Kong back to Canada. I didn't go back to my Hot Yoga for another week, so it's been 2 weeks since the last time I went to Yoga. I nearly passed out in that Yoga Class; I was in excruciating pain for the week afterwards. To make matter worse, I decided to make myself a nice hot pumpkin soup that night for dinner and I chopped my second finger with a big butcher knife. The cut was so deep that it just went straight down the flesh. I was so in shock that I didn't even feel any pain, I just know that I saw "White Stuff" at the bottom of the cut. I thought to myself....OH NOOOOOO, THAT MUST BE MY BONE..........ok, ok, what to do? What to do? I look like an idiot running around the house with a wrapped finger in a kitchen towel over my head. Finally, I called a good friend of mine and he rushed me to the hospital EMERGENCY!!!. What kind of EMERGENCY is that? We waited for 2 hours before a nurse came to take us to a hospital bed. Then we waited for another hour before a doctor came. By that point, my finger was no longer bleeding, I almost wanted to just get up and leave....atlas, I stayed, the doctor poked around my cut, and gave me a local anesthetic to freeze the wound. Then he stitched it up and sent me home. He didn't give me any antibiotics or cream or anything. So, from that day on, I couldn't go to my Yoga class for another week, I didn't cook, I couldn't wash any dishes, I had to wear a glove and stick my hand out while I take a shower. And this was not the end, I was probably so in shock that I fell ill the next day. I had fever, headaches, cool chills, body aches (from Yoga and from my fever) and everything just SUCKED!!! Finally, about a week later, my fever & body aches slowly went away, my finger was somewhat healing, and I was finally able to do my dishes very very slowly. Then I went back to my Hot Yoga class after another week, oh boy, it hurt like hell again. Every part of me was screaming "PAIN". I knew the only way I can deal with it was to keep going back, so I went back day after day after day. After another week, everything is better now! So, that was my life for the pass month besides working really hard as usual!!! I know, it's been so long since I've last updated it, even my sister from Hong Kong thought I stopped writing to my blog. But, now, I'm back and I will try to keep up with the entries!
In the beginning of October, I was sadly informed by my father and my sister in Hong Kong that my Grandfather had just passed away. I was really sadden by the news, my Grandfather is very significant in my life from before I was born to nowadays. So, for the next 2 days, I went around scrambling for air-tickets to fly to Hong Kong to attend his funeral. Finally, I found a ticket for only $960(including all tax) to fly direct to Shanghai so I can meet up with my brother. I can't believe it, had I flew with Air Canada, I have to paid $1,800 + tax. So, for everyone that reads my blog, my best advise is SHOP AROUND!!! Anyways, back to the story, it was a bittersweet experience because I got to reunite with my parents, 2 sisters, and my brother. It's been almost 10 years since I have a homemade dinner with all my family in one table. It was even crazier to sleep on the floor with my 2 sisters and my parents in one room. The last time I did that was when I was 5. That's 20 years ago(oops, I think I just gave my age away). The funeral service was really nice too. From what I understood, my Grandfather was once a very successful and influential businessman back in his days, in fact, there was a newspaper article the day before his funeral service that shares his life, achievements and contributions to the society ; a lot of people attended the service and the last time I've seen most of these people was when I was about 9 years old, so it really has been a long time. Overall, it was a really nice visit to see all my family, relatives, and family friends.
Anyways, so after I came back to Canada, I had so much work, I was completely overwhelmed,and I was also really tired from Jet-Lag of 15 hours difference from Canada to Hong Kong, and than another 15 hours difference from Hong Kong back to Canada. I didn't go back to my Hot Yoga for another week, so it's been 2 weeks since the last time I went to Yoga. I nearly passed out in that Yoga Class; I was in excruciating pain for the week afterwards. To make matter worse, I decided to make myself a nice hot pumpkin soup that night for dinner and I chopped my second finger with a big butcher knife. The cut was so deep that it just went straight down the flesh. I was so in shock that I didn't even feel any pain, I just know that I saw "White Stuff" at the bottom of the cut. I thought to myself....OH NOOOOOO, THAT MUST BE MY BONE..........ok, ok, what to do? What to do? I look like an idiot running around the house with a wrapped finger in a kitchen towel over my head. Finally, I called a good friend of mine and he rushed me to the hospital EMERGENCY!!!. What kind of EMERGENCY is that? We waited for 2 hours before a nurse came to take us to a hospital bed. Then we waited for another hour before a doctor came. By that point, my finger was no longer bleeding, I almost wanted to just get up and leave....atlas, I stayed, the doctor poked around my cut, and gave me a local anesthetic to freeze the wound. Then he stitched it up and sent me home. He didn't give me any antibiotics or cream or anything. So, from that day on, I couldn't go to my Yoga class for another week, I didn't cook, I couldn't wash any dishes, I had to wear a glove and stick my hand out while I take a shower. And this was not the end, I was probably so in shock that I fell ill the next day. I had fever, headaches, cool chills, body aches (from Yoga and from my fever) and everything just SUCKED!!! Finally, about a week later, my fever & body aches slowly went away, my finger was somewhat healing, and I was finally able to do my dishes very very slowly. Then I went back to my Hot Yoga class after another week, oh boy, it hurt like hell again. Every part of me was screaming "PAIN". I knew the only way I can deal with it was to keep going back, so I went back day after day after day. After another week, everything is better now! So, that was my life for the pass month besides working really hard as usual!!! I know, it's been so long since I've last updated it, even my sister from Hong Kong thought I stopped writing to my blog. But, now, I'm back and I will try to keep up with the entries!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home