Bikram Yoga
It's been a while since I have last post an entry. I've been really busy with work and everything else. Last month, I took up Belly Dancing in a community center. I have enjoyed it tremendously; it's been one of those thing that I wanted to try in my life and finally being able to do it was very rewarding. In addition to that, I got a really good teacher. She has been belly dancing for over 40 years, performing for over 35 years and teaching for over 20 years. She is now over 60 years of age and the way she danced was so fabulous. Every moves just flow so naturally for her. I think I will try to continue to take another belly dancing class with her if my time schedule allows.
Now, on to the September, I have took up another hobby that I have always wanted to try. It's YOGA. But, this is not the typical yoga where people twist themselves into a human prezel, this is BIKRAM YOGA. BIKRAM Yoga is essentially the same as HATHA Yoga, the only difference is the HEAT!!! The yoga room is intentionally heated to about 105 Fahrenheit with 60% humidity. The reason for the heat is to facilitate a deeper and safer stretch which minimizes the risk of injuries. The heat also promotes sweating which assists the detoxification process using the body's largest eliminating organ, the skin. I'm telling you, I've never sweat like this before. But, the feelings afterward is so immensively good. I felt so relaxed in every muscle,nerves and organ. I liked it so much from the first time I've tried it, I actually signed up for their 30 days YOGA challenge. That means I'm going to my Yoga class everyday for 30 days for 2 hours in this intensive hot room. Sounds crazy? Well in general, the benefits that Bikram Yoga offers are improved strength, flexibility and balance, tones muscles, improves immune system, reduces stress, increases lung capacity, increases bone density, aids digestive & circulatory systems, flushes lymphatic system, promotes relaxation and a sense of well-being. Well, so far, I'm on my 5th day of the challenge and I'm already feeling the benefit of reducing stress, increasing relaxation, and increasing my lung capacity. So, so far so good. I will keep you guys posted on my 25th day of classes though....(If I'm still alive:)
Now, on to the September, I have took up another hobby that I have always wanted to try. It's YOGA. But, this is not the typical yoga where people twist themselves into a human prezel, this is BIKRAM YOGA. BIKRAM Yoga is essentially the same as HATHA Yoga, the only difference is the HEAT!!! The yoga room is intentionally heated to about 105 Fahrenheit with 60% humidity. The reason for the heat is to facilitate a deeper and safer stretch which minimizes the risk of injuries. The heat also promotes sweating which assists the detoxification process using the body's largest eliminating organ, the skin. I'm telling you, I've never sweat like this before. But, the feelings afterward is so immensively good. I felt so relaxed in every muscle,nerves and organ. I liked it so much from the first time I've tried it, I actually signed up for their 30 days YOGA challenge. That means I'm going to my Yoga class everyday for 30 days for 2 hours in this intensive hot room. Sounds crazy? Well in general, the benefits that Bikram Yoga offers are improved strength, flexibility and balance, tones muscles, improves immune system, reduces stress, increases lung capacity, increases bone density, aids digestive & circulatory systems, flushes lymphatic system, promotes relaxation and a sense of well-being. Well, so far, I'm on my 5th day of the challenge and I'm already feeling the benefit of reducing stress, increasing relaxation, and increasing my lung capacity. So, so far so good. I will keep you guys posted on my 25th day of classes though....(If I'm still alive:)

2 Comments:
I've heard of this crazy Yoga hot room thing. Sounds intense~ Delia would probably be right at home...
Well, Delia is coming with me for the 2nd time this Sunday. Would you like to come with me & try it too, Tsang? You might really enjoy it, and there are alot of girls.....and the room is HOT.....:)
Post a Comment
<< Home